Notice from Slemish n tha Braid Credit Union below –
Slemish n tha Braid Credit Union has over 3000 members and provides vital services to its local community. We are very proud of our track record over nearly 30 years. Our board of directors plays a key role by setting our strategic direction, managing risk, overseeing performance, and ‘setting the tone’ to ensure we stay safe, legal and well run.
We are now keen to recruit new board members to further enhance our corporate governance, and are seeking people with real integrity and commitment to community service, who can meet the following criteria:
- A member, or will become a member of Slemish n tha Braid Credit Union, which requires that you live or work within the common bond and share our ethos as a financial co-operative. Our Common bond encompasses Co Antrim.
- As a regulated entity, all Directors must be approved by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Committed to attend and actively contribute to monthly board meetings, and committees as required.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in at least one of the following:
- Financial oversight
- Corporate governance
- Marketing and social media
- Legal matters for Credit Unions
- Business development
- Prepared to continue to learn in the role of board member, to respect the contribution of colleagues, and to challenge with positive intent in the boardroom
You will receive structured induction and ongoing training in the role. Above all, you will receive the satisfaction of making a key contribution to this vital organisation and its members.
You can download the Expression of Interest form here.
To make an appointment for an informal chat about the role, please contact Joy Allen at Leading Governance:
Expression of Interest Forms, with CVs, must be returned by Monday 16th May 2022 at 5.00pm.